Best Cross Training Shoes Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
You don’t have to fill your room with different varieties of shoes for various workout routine when you have a pair of cross-training footwear. Cross-training footwear is manufactured in such a way that they are perfect for all types of the workout session.
Now you don’t have to rely on the kind of shoes that are available to you to choose your workout session or sports. Furthermore, this is not the only advantage of cross training shoes. The reasons why you should choose the best cross training shoes are given below:
- The cushioning quality of these shoes keeps your feet comfortable and protects from the shock that comes into existence when your feet makes contact with the ground.
- They have thicker and durable outsoles as they are than running shoes as they have to adjust to different workout and could not to afford to get worn in a short period.
- Cross training shoes provide balance and stability during workout session as they have a lot of traction in their outsoles.
- They are not only versatile, but they come with every quality which is required from the workout shoes.
Best Cross Training Shoes Reviews in 2017
These shoes will not only allow you to choose different workout session but will also fulfill every need of your feet. We have shared this cross training shoes reviews to help readers find the best one for their needs.
Image Product Name Shipping Weight Price
ASICS Women's GEL-Fit Sana
PUMA Men's Tazon 6
New Balance Men's MX608V4
New Balance Men's 20v5 Vibram Minimus
ASICS Women's GEL-Craze TR 3
Reebok Men's Ros Workout TR
Reebok Women's Yourflex Trainette 8.0L
RYKA Women's Dynamic 2
NIKE Women's Free 5.0 Tr Fit 4 Print
Adidas Performance Men's Thrasher 1.1 M
01. ASICS Women's GEL-Fit Sana Cross-Training Shoe
The attractive colors of this footwear will make it hard for you to avert you to eyes from them.
According to the blog Achieve with Athena, these shoes are created to give you feeling that you are performing your workout session barefooted.
Furthermore, they are known for being lightweight as they only weigh 5.6 ounces, and you could also wear them when you are performing errands around the town.
Running Rachel blog believes that these shoes are perfect for strength training exercises, walking, and other cross training workouts.
ASICS company makes sure that you do not give up training your body because of low-quality shoes so they have tried their best to make these shoes perfect for every single feet. Some of their stands out features are:
- The rubber sole adds a waterproof quality in the shoes, so you don’t have to worry about the weather when you are running on pavement or a trail.
- Soft upper mesh makes sure that fresh air in provided to your sweaty feet during training so your feet don’t develop any fungal infection.
- External heel cage increases the stability of your feet by making sure that your heel does not slip during exercise.
- Stretchable Mono-Stretch System has removed traditional tongue system from the shoes. It easily stretches itself so you could insert the feet in your shoes like you are putting your feet in socks.
- Rear Foot Gel Cushioning acts as a shock absorber which feet make when they come into contact with the ground. This shock is the main source of injuries for your feet, which is prevented by Rear Foot Gel Cushioning.
02. PUMA Men's Tazon 6 Cross-Training Shoe
To make sure that you do not experience any hindrance during cross training exercises.
Puma ensures that you are exposed to the qualities, so your feet does not suffer the drawbacks of your training.
This footwear agenda is not to hinder your training but also to increase your performance by increasing your efficiency.
Their features help them becoming adjustable to every kind of sport. You don’t have to waste energy during a training session when you are this footwear.
According to decorbedroom.com, these shoes are on their list of top ten best running shoes. The features included in these shoes will make you enjoy your training session. Some of the best features added in these shoes are:
- To increase its durability, synthetic material is used to create its main body so the shoes could become water resistant and confront harsh weather condition without experiencing any damage.
- Synthetic material is given the flexibility of leather, so you don’t feel any tightness when you insert your feet in.
- T- toe construction provides comfort to your feet and makes sure that your feet do not experience any irritation.
- EVA has been used as heel pad to provide comfort to your heel by its cushioning effect and to act as a shock absorber.
- TPU shank increases the stability of these shoes, so you don’t lose balance during the training.
- Breathable EcoOrthoLite will save your feet from experiencing any diseases related to microorganisms by increasing its control on moisture and breathability.
- Cushioned midsole will increase the comfort level of the shoes, so your feet don’t experience any fatigue during training.
03. New Balance Men's MX608V4 Training Shoe
During a workout session, your feet won't experience any fatigue. It will feel like you have not done any training.
Your feet will feel fresh throughout the training.
These shoes are manufactured to adjust to every type of workout sessions and sports.
According to lomtez.com, New Balance realizes the needs of wide-foot individuals so it introduces the size which will snug their feet, so they don’t experience any discomfort.
These shoes come with a variety of qualities which would make you choose these shoes again for your workout sessions. Some these extraordinary qualities are:
- The leather is used to make the upper part of these shoes increase its flexibility.
- Furthermore, leather acts as breathable material, so moisture does not collect in the shoes, and your feet can experience fresh air.
- Dual-Density Collar provides a cushioning effect by using its soft density collar while stability is provided by its firm density collar.
- IMEVA( Injection Molded Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) is used in making of the midsole, so your feet are in a comfortable environment when they enter the shoes.
- The rubber sole is included as it adds waterproof quality to the shoes so you could wear them in r without worrying about weather conditions. It acts as a shock absorbent protecting your feet from the hazardous impact which might cause injury.
- Internal shank firmness saves your feet from getting hurt and experiencing puncture wounds and stone bruises.
- Lugs provide stability to you when you are working out.
04. New Balance Men's 20v5 Vibram Minimus Training Shoe
The main motto of New Balance company main motto is to help people in achieving their goals.
Whether it is strengthening muscles, losing weight or toning up the muscles.
These shoes will fulfill the needs of your feet so you can give your best performance during your workout session.
You don’t have to focus on your feet anymore, as New Balance Men's 20v5 Vibram Minimus Training Shoe will do that for your feet.
These shoes are made in such a way that you do not experience any feet injuries such as blisters, stone bruises, fungal infection, etc. So your workout sessions are not interrupted.
To make sure that you get best from these shoes, these features have been added to fulfill your desires regarding shoes.
- The upper part and sole are made up of synthetic material so they can perform even in harsh conditions, so you have no excuse on rainy for skipping outdoor workout session. Furthermore, synthetic material increases the life of the shoes so they can be beside you for an extended period.
- No-sew mesh upper layer prevents the irritation caused by threads and stitches to your feet. Mesh provides fresh air to your feet, so they don’t encourage the growth of bacteria by storing up a sweat.
- Stabilizing overlays make sure that you get balance and stability while doing exercises.
- Vibram outsole is not easily prone to wear and tear as it is abrasion resistant. It provides stability on different terrain. Whether you are walking on a slope covered with snow or slippery bare rock, these shoes will never disappoint you.
05. ASICS Women's GEL-Craze TR 3 Fitness Shoe
ASICS try its best to satisfy your feet during your training sessions.
These shoes were specially created, so an individual’s feet don’t hold them back from bringing their body into shape.
These shoes will not only support your feet during the workout but will also make your feet look admirable using their eye-pleasing colors.
Even though they are heavier than other shoes, but their extra padding makes them perform like any other lightweight shoes.
Your feet won’t get tired while wearing them. Interesting elements are used to create this footwear so you can get maximum comfort and stability out of them.
- Fluid Ride technology has been utilized in the manufacturing of this product to provide you a perfect combination of bouncing back characteristics and cushioning properties.
- This technology also increases the durability of the shoes even though it decreases the weight.
- The midsole is created by using Solyte Midsole material which is lightweight than usual midsole material like EVA.
- SpEVA is also used as midsole material as it doesn’t allow midsole to get stiff, so it doesn’t lose its cushioning and shock absorbent properties easily.
- Fluid Axis Technology inserts groove at rear foot of the shoes which are parallel with joints of the feet to allow movement of the feet in every direction. They are there to adjust your shoes to your feet positional change during the training session.
- Gel cushioning system in heel compartment of the shoes allows your feet not to experience the effects of the impact. It acts as a shock absorbent, so your feet don’t get any injuries.
06. Reebok Men's Ros Workout TR Training Shoe
If you are looking into making your training session more intense. Then these shoes will make sure that your feet can handle the pressure.
Without injuring your feet, these shoes will help you achieve your workout goal.
It represents the perfect combination of stability and comfort. With its stable structure, they won’t quickly lose their qualities and will help you train for an extended period.
With their multiple properties, this footwear will offer your feet the protection its without hindering your workout session. You will feel like you are walking in the air instead of on the ground when you are wearing them.
- Training specific toe-wrap protects your toes from intense training and gives them a comfortable environment.
- The Cordura-infused mesh upper is perfect for sweaty feet. Furthermore, Cordura is known for its durability and its resistance against harsh conditions.
- Smooth Fuse overlay allow your feet to experience walking in the air by making shoe lightweight. Furthermore, it supports your feet during a workout session.
- Rope Pro carbon rubber shank protects your midfoot from experiencing any abrasion which might cause injury to them.
- The low cut design of mouth of the shoes allows your ankle to move freely. It also prevents irritation to ankle as there is not contact between the material of the shoes and ankles.
- Full-foot rubber improves your balance during the variety of training.
- Finn construction lugged bottom allow you to have a better grip on the ground whether it is uneven or slippery. Providing you with better grip, it allows you to move without worry about losing your balance.
07. Reebok Women's Yourflex Trainette 8.0L MT Training Shoe
Are you tired of shoes which promise great result but cannot live up to your expectation?
Low-quality shoes can be dangerous for your feet as they won’t be able to protect your feet from injuries.
Reebok Women's Yourflex Trainette 8.0L MT Training Shoe is there to impress you with its performance and its best quality.
This footwear is there to keep your feet safe from the injuries caused by your training. You no longer have to worry about the condition of your feet.
These shoes will also help you in enhancing your performance and make you a better athlete. You will fall in love with them as soon as you come in contact with them.
- To provide breathability, comfort, and stability to your feet, the upper layer consists of a combination of Tri-zone leather, breathable mesh, and elastic molded jersey.
- To increase the comfort of these shoes, removable Ethylene Vinyl Acetate sock liner has been inserted in the shoes. Furthermore, this layer can be removed to add orthotics insoles to the shoes for extra cushioning.
- 3-D UltraLite bottoms come with horizontal and vertical grooves which help you in establishing a firm grip on any surface.
- Injection-molded 48d lightweight EVA foam not only increases the cushioning effect of the shoes, but it also increases the durability and resistance against damage of the shoes.
- Traditional lacing system allows you to adjust the shoes according to the size of your feet.
- EVA midsoles act as a shock absorbent by cradling your feet in its layer.
08. RYKA Women's Dynamic 2 Cross-Training Shoes
RYKA Women's Dynamic 2 Cross-Training Shoe were created to by keeping in mind the needs of women feet.
These shoes are perfect for people who are doing cross training to burn fat, strengthen their muscles or bring their body into shape.
These shoes are perfect for people who are doing cross training to burn fat, strengthen their muscles or bring their body into shape.
Individuals who take an interest in multiple sports can get benefits from these shoes. They will provide you with support and comfort beyond your imagination.
These shoes are there to help you with your training for a long time. You’ll be impressed by its features and will not be able to stop yourself from recommending it to everyone.
- These shoes will come with a breathable mesh upper layer which will prevent a fungal infection from developing on your feet.
- Synthetic support overlays will provide balance during your training and will adjust according to the shape of your feet.
- Anatomical Precise-Return (TM) has been introduced in the shoes which present molded sock liner which is made by combining EVA and PU so that it can act as a cushion for your feet. This technology also introduced contour arch and heel cup to increase the support provided by these shoes.
- High impact N-Gage EVA midsole bounces back on impact providing resistance against shock. It is better at retaining its shape than other EVA compounds.
- Dual Density Foam is featured in these shoes. It uses soft density foam to provide a cushioning effect for the feet while it uses firm density foam for support.
- Exoshell outsole provides protection from factors which might cause shoes to get worn out after being used for short time.
09. NIKE Women's Free 5.0 Tr Fit 4 Print
To make sure that your feet never suffer from training, and they don’t cut short your workout session.
Nike introduces these shoes with incredible features that you can only dream of.
The lightweight quality of these shoes will make you feel that you are not wearing them at all.
These shoes are there to support you through swiftly changing of position without making you lose balance and falling.
You can move them in any position you want, and these shoes will follow you everywhere.
Nike Women's TR Fit 4 5 Cross Training Shoes Print will make you look forward to your training session without their impressive performance. You won’t regret your decision when you decided to buy them.
- Mesh design on upper layer allows air circulation in the shoes so your feet remain fresh and don’t develop any bacteria in the shoes.
- Rubber sole provides resistance against harsh weather conditions and acts as a waterproof agent, so you don’t have to take weather into account when making your workout schedule.
- Neoprene-inspired inner sleeve can handle high temperature easily and increases the overall physical toughness of the shoes.
- The lacing system is attached to the midsole, so the shoes could easily snug your feet without causing any irritation.
- Grooves beneath the shoes allow you to do your training on any surface, and their flexibility allows your feet to move them in any position.
- Removable cushion foam has tough nature and is consider to be lightweight. You can easily replace it with orthotics insoles.
10. Adidas Performance Men's Thrasher 1.1 M Trail Running Shoe
Looking for shoes that are not only tough but also provide high-quality comfort then Adidas Performance Men's Thrasher 1.1 M Trail Running Shoes are just for you.
These shoes are a perfect example of don’t judge by looks.
They look like they might hinder the performance of the feet as they seem bulky and inflexible, but that’s not the case.
Contrary to their looks, these shoe acts give perfect feeling to your shoes. They will never disappoint you with their performance.
Comfortable and flexible, they will allow your feet to take any position that is required by your workout session and will keep them protected from injuries.
- Polyester fabric used in this footwear can easily stretch without developing any tear, which increases the flexibility of the shoes. Furthermore, polyester is easily washable, so you don’t have to think about different methods to clean them properly.
- Adiwear outsole provides stability when you are doing a workout session with speed. They will never let you down when you are performing on treacherous grounds. They are responsible for developing excellent traction in these shoes so that you don’t have to worry about the terrain.
- Molded foam insole provides comfort with your feet by treating them like royalty.
- EVA injected midsole made your feet feel relax and provide smooth movement from heel to toe.
- The heel is positioned higher than the toe which adjusts your feet into natural running position.
- They won’t allow any hotspots to develop on your feet when you wear them for the first time.
Cross Training Shoes – Buyer’s Guide
A lot of things should be kept in mind buying cross training shoes. As you don’t want, be swindled into buying low-quality footwear.
Protection of your feet should be your priority and for that, you need the high-quality product. The guideline below will help you choose the shoes which feet needs.
Select Size That Fits
When you go for shopping for cross training footwear, you should not only prefer shoes which attract your eye but also keep in mind that the shoe should snug your feet with causing any discomfort.
Footwear that does not allow feet to fit in it might not only cause discomfort, but it might also become a source of injuries. Always try shoes which you have to choose to buy even if you know your size.
The size of the footwear changes according to its design given by its brand. These tips will help you in determining whether the shoes fit your feet or not:
- There should be 0.5 inches or thumbnail’s length space between the largest toes and end of the shoe.
- To achieve the comfort of the feet, the upper sole should not be a sacrifice to stretch over midsole.
- Your heel should be allowed to move but with limited movement, so it does not slip when you are working out.
Construction of the Shoe
You need to know what material is used in the manufacturing of the shoes, so you can determine whether this footwear would fulfill your needs or not. The things that you have to keep in mind are:
You upper part of shoes should either be made up of leather or breathable mesh. If you require more support during training, then leather is perfect for you, but if you feel that your feet need fresh air during training, then breathable mesh material should be your first choice.
Video Credits: Wally Carmichael
Your outsole should be in wide and have a lot of traction so they could provide stability while you are performing a verity of exercises.
It should either be made up of carbon rubber or combination of carbon rubber and
Brand should have preferred EVA (Ethylene vinyl acetate) or Polyurethane as material for midsoles. EVA acts as a cushion for your feet and makes the shoe lightweight while polyurethane not only given cushioning effect to the feet but also provides balance.
Make sure that your shoes support the arch of your feet. If you buy shoes with arch too high or too low, you will not be able to give your best performance during training. To know whether your arch is high, low or flat, see which part of your shoes get worn out first.
- People who have low arch will notice that the middle of the shoe is first to become prone to wear and tear.
- Individuals who have flat feet will experience that inside of their shoes get deteriorated first.
- People who have high arch would feel that their outside part of the shoes loses its shape first.
These tip mentioned above would help you in choosing cross training footwear which will be perfect for your feet. Thorough research proved that the shoe mentioned below will fulfill your desires which you are looking for in shoes.
The Best cross training shoes will be comfortable, supportive and flexible and these qualities are present in this footwear. You don’t need to worry about terrain or weather while wearing the shoes mentioned above.
They will allow you to choose your exercise and sports without depending on them. You don’t have to worry about whether these shoes will keep up with your training or not.
Their flexibility won’t hinder your feet from moving in every direction and will provide stability, so you don’t get injured by slipping. They are there to develop a firm hold on the ground, so you don’t lose your footing.
These shoes will become a permanent part of your shoe collection and won’t leave their position because of their durability. They will help you in every way possible with your training.
Their breathable mesh design would prevent your feet from getting infected by a bacterial infection. You will regret not buying these ideal shoes as they will fulfill your every desire regarding shoes.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $64.99Was: $77.32
Price: $54.00Was: $69.95
Price: $59.96Was: $75.00